Our Applegate Roasted Turkey Egg & Cheese Sandwich with creamy Dijon and melty Colby is everything a sandwich should be! A simple, savory, creamy combination that is easy to make, delicious and full of some pretty awesome ingredients!
Our Applegate Roasted Turkey Egg & Cheese Sandwich is really what I would call a perfect sandwich! As some of you may already know, Nadia and I LOVE sandwiches. Growing up in New Jersey/New York, the deli sandwich is everything! We make them the best over there and you can get a pretty solid one from delis all around the area, and pretty much in every home. My typical go to is your classic roasted turkey…you can pair it with any toppings and you have a solid sandwich!
As we got older, we started to learn more and more about a lot of the fillers used in traditional deli meats. As a mother of three, Nadia is always concerned about what she feeds her family. So, she’s very careful about the brands she chooses. I myself, sans family, am still strongly into health, wellness and eating products that are as pure as possible.
Know what you’re eating!
Nadia turned me on to Applelgate products back when she started buying their deli meats and cheeses. Since they’re made with super clean ingredients…no antibiotics ever, no-GMO ingredients, and nothing artificial, I was immediately sold. Plus, as an absolute animal fanatic, I was happy to know their cows are humanely raised in pastures, as they hold themselves to high animal welfare standards.
Guess what else…
And wait for it, that’s not even their Organic line, which they also have!! Oh, and I’d also like to mention, since I’ve been talking about special diets, their new Organic poultry deli items are even Whole30 approved! But as usual, I have to bring some of my reality into this…taste is everything! And I have to be honest, no matter how healthy it is, if it wasn’t delicious, I am not eating it hahah! So, thank God Applegate’s roasted turkey and cheeses are so good!
A contest with fabulous prizes you say!?!
We want to know, what’s in your sandwich? We’ve partnered with TheFeedfeed and Applegate during this busy back to school time and we want to see your sandwiches – Thefeedfeed is hosting an awesome contest where you could win an amazing set of Le Creuset Cookware and Shun Knives! Be sure to check out their contest page here!
Now, about this Roasted Turkey Egg & Cheese…I don’t know who’s with me, but are egg and cheese sandwiches not the best!? It’s of my top 3 favorite sandwiches of ever, and by now we should know that I am a sandwich master;-)
So here we took a buttery, crusty croissant and slathered on some creamy Dijon and piled up some of that delicious roasted turkey, some melty Colby and topped it with a fried egg, and again, what can I say….it was simple, easy to make, delicious, and made with some pretty awesome ingredients! Feel free to add some greens or any other toppings you’d like, but I don’t think it needs them!
Our Roasted Turkey Egg & Cheese Sandwich with creamy Dijon and melty Colby is everything a sandwich should be! A simple, savory, creamy combination that is easy to make, delicious and full of some pretty awesome ingredients!
- 1 croissant
- 2-3 slices Applegate Naturals Oven Roasted Turkey
- 2 slices Applegate American Colby cheese
- 1-2 eggs fried or scrambled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard divided
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise divided
- 1 tablespoon milk optional
- 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the croissant lengthwise with a sharp knife to create 2 sides of the sandwich.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of Dijon and 2 teaspoons of mayonnaise on each side of the croissant.
- Place a slice of cheese on the bottom croissant. Then add 2-3 slices of turkey.
- In a small-medium skillet, add a teaspoon butter or oil to coat the pan.
- Over medium heat, add 1 or 2 eggs and cook until whites are set, edges are crisp and yolk is still runny, about 3 min. Top with salt and pepper to taste.
- *If making scrambled eggs, add your eggs to a small bowl along with 1 tablespoon of milk per egg, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until eggs are smooth and creamy. Pour eggs into skillet and cook stirring frequently. Remove eggs from heat when they are almost finished and continue to stir lightly until they are to your desired consistency.
- Slide the egg on top of the turkey.
- Add the second slice of cheese and then top with croissant and enjoy!
Note: If you would like it to be more melty, you can place the second slice of cheese on the top croissant and microwave it for about 10 seconds or until melted, then place on top of sandwich and press down to ooze all the ingredients together. Also, you can add some spinach or any other greens or toppings you like. But we think it's perfect as is;-)