Apple Salad is going to become not just your favorite fall salad but your favorite salad, period.
It’s finally fall season which means apples, apples, apples, and pumpkin spice lattes. You’re going apple picking, either at the apple farms or at your supermarket, whatever it is you now know what you can do with all those apples! This salad has the perfect crunch and the blue cheese adds another layer of flavor. The arugula has such a unique flavor profile and works well with the combination of apples and cheese however I know sometimes arugula is not always readily available so feel free to use another green. The dressing is the star of the party here so feel free to mix and match and explore on your own.
You can Try making this dressing ahead of time or even the day before so you can easily put this salad together.
This super simple refreshing salad is the perfect fall addition to the dinner table. The crunchy apples give this salad the perfect bite while the blue cheese adds amazing depth and takes this to the next level!
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp minced shallots
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 8 cups mix greens
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 Gala apple thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp blue cheese
- Combine the vinegar, shallots, honey, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil
- Toast the walnuts in butter over medium heat. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add in sugar and sauté for an additional 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool
- Combine mix greens and arugula, apple, cheese and walnuts in large bowl.
- Toss with vinaigrette and serve immediately