I don’t usually post non recipes but I feel so accomplished with this overhead floral arrangement that I just had to share! I’m all about meals made easy and decor made easy excites me just as much to be honest. Big bank for your time is what is important for me because time is a rare commodity these days.
Florals add so so so much umph to your entertaining table. They set the mood and the tone for your dinner party so do not overlook them! Some people feel that florals are too costly especially when their life span is not so long and I have a couple of things to say about that.
- Yes, florals can definitely be costly, but if the price tag isn’t going to break the bank, do it.
- If you still feel like money can be better spent elsewhere then there are a lot of low cost floral options that will give you a similar wow factor. Try low cost florals like baby breath. They dry up nicely, they’re full and whimsical feeling and look great on their own.
- Try faux florals that will last forever. They are costly initially but you can reuse them. I do recommend that you make sure you get good quality ones that look real. Try hobby lobby for some great options.
- Look in your backyard for some options. However, IF you are using real flowers from the outdoors, make sure there are no bugs on them before bringing them inside. The best option is to cut the flowers in the morning and then let them sit in a bucket of water outside for a few hours before bringing them inside.
Let’s get started, how do we do this. SO EASY!
You will need the following which I found at Hobby Lobby but I’m sure you can find them other places as well. I got all the materials I needed in less than 30 minutes at the store.
- Chicken wire. Hobby Lobby sells it in a roll
- metal wire to tie the chicken wire to the light. Again I found this at Hobby Lobby but this can be easily found anywhere. Ive seen it at Home Depot and Michaels in the floral section.
- Flowers. I initially used a combination of fresh flowers I cut outdoors and faux flowers BUT after a few hours I noticed little tiny bugs on my table! I took down the entire floral arrangement and wiped everything down and started from scratch! Learn from my mistakes.
- Optional: Micro LED lights. Adding a string of micro lights add such a lovely cozy festive feeling. They’re inexpensive, battery operated, and you don’t need a lot to give you that extra Je ne sais quoi.
You have a beautiful set up table and not sure what to serve? Try these yummy dishes that are screaming fall time.
- salmon chowder OR
- warm and cozy zucchini soup
- Apricot glazed carrots
- Kale salad with pomegranate honey dressing
- Pomegranate lamb shanks
- Butter cake
As always, if you find this post inspiring it means a lot to me if you share this post with others that you think will be inspired as well. You can find more of this decor table and other recipes on instagram at instagram.com. Please hashtag #sweetpillarfood so I can see what you’re making!