Steak with mushroom sauce is so rich in flavor (if you are okay with mushrooms) and comes together in less than a half hour.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
First of all, the mushroom sauce in this dish is everything. It’s so full of flavor from the mushrooms and the meat all cooking together. We love mushrooms over here as you can tell from all the mushroom dishes we’ve made like this one pot mushroom chicken and rice dish, this mushroom biryani , and these spinach and parmesan stuffed portobello mushrooms .
Mushroom Sauce is the best served with rice, potatoes or a baguette on hand to scoop up all the sauce.
I personally love to serve it with either rice or potatoes but serving it as is with bread and vegetables though is not a bad option as well. Just make sure you are eating up all the sauce!
Crunchy carrots, flavorful mushrooms, and tender meat is all you need for a perfect dinner and this dish has it all. Have a baguette on hand so you can scoop up all the sauce. Seems like this is going to be another family favorite for sure!
This rich flavorful saucy dish is all you need to satisfy that meat craving in a quick less than half hour!
- 1 lb beef for stew
- 4 carrots sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms I used Baby Bela
- 1 Tbls Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbls Butter
- 1 shallot
- 1 Tbls flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tsp salt
- Season meat with salt and pepper
- Add oil and sauté meat on medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side
- remove, set aside
- in same pan add mushrooms and carrots until mushrooms wilt and are release juices
- Remove and add to meat
- In same pan add butter and shallots
- stir in flour until there are no clumps
- Add broth, apple juice, and heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Return meat, mushrooms and carrots back to pan
- bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is fully cooked through and sauce is of desired creaminess
Note* if you like the sauce thicker, add additional flour mixed with a few drops of water to sauce and let it simmer for several minutes