Spinach Pesto pasta taste nothing like you imagine it to taste like. If someone told me to toss pasta in basically a ton of spinach I would be like “hmm how great can this taste”, but trust me!
I first wrote this recipe on the VOICE.
WHY DO I THINK IT’S SO AMAZING?
- First, let’s talk about the color. It’s literally the prettiest shade of vibrant green screaming “hi, im green, I must be healthy”.
- Second, lets talk about how its SO EASY TO MAKE. Such few ingredients are needed to make this its almost unreal. If you feel like it’s too easy and you’re the type of person that likes to create more work for yourself (i.e me); grill a chicken or some shrimp and add to it but I love it as is.
FROZEN VS. FRESH SPINACH
I tried it both ways and honestly they’re not that much different in taste. I prefer fresh personally so I would probably do that next time. If you go the frozen route, you do need to squeeze all the extra liquid out which is an extra step. If you decide to do fresh you don’t need to do that so that’s a plus.
CAN I USE ANOTHER KIND OF PASTA?
Yes, you can def use any kind of pasta you like. I know my kids prefer certain pastas over the other even though it’s all pasta so do what works for you and your family.
If you liked this recipe you will probably also enjoy the following recipes
- Bow tie pasta with parsley cream sauce
- Creamy smoked salmon pasta
- Cumin chicken with pearl couscous
- Chicken and Lemon mushroom
- Creamy spinach red pepper spaghetti
If you enjoyed this recipe please write a review so others can read your feedback too. You can find more recipes on instagram HERE.
You will never believe it's basically made of spinach. It's creamy, delicious, healthy and everyone enjoys it!
- 1 box spaghetti or any preferred pasta
- 1 16 oz bag of frozen spinach squeeze all the excess water out
- 1 16 oz bag of fresh spinach
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper to taste go easy on the salt because the pasta water and parmesan are salty
- 1 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- cook pasta according to package instructions, drain, set aside
- DO NOT THROW AWAY PASTA WATER
- In medium saucepan, add olive oil & garlic until slightly fragrant (1-2 minutes)
- Add spinach, salt and pepper; saute until wilted
- Transfer to a blender, add 2 cups of the pasta water, 1 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Blend until creamy, add more or less water accordingly
- Toss with pasta and enjoy