Meatballs with parsley gravy were inspired by Ikeas Swedish meatballs. While they’re real good, very tasty and easy to make I cannot claim they are exactly like Ikeas.
I make a lot of meatballs in my home because the kids love it and not going to lie, I do too. Something about meatballs thats so comforting to me. Almost always, I make it the syrian meatball way but this time I was craving a good gravy.
If you enjoyed this recipe you will also enjoy
This ultimate comfort food is rich in flavor and easy to make. The meatballs are juicy and the gravy melts in your mouth as flavor explodes. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or as is.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion grated
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Parsley for garnish
- Grate the onion and add it to the meat with salt and pepper . Mix everything together to make sure all flavors are evenly distributed.
- Roll into 1 inch ball shaped
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a pan and sear meatballs until 80% cooked
- Remove from pan, set aside
- Add butter and flour to the same pan . Whisk so there are no more lumps . Add broth and heavy whipping cream along with a dash of salt and pepper. Put less than you would normally sprinkle because it is going to reduce and it will taste too salty otherwise. Reduce heat for 5-8 minutes until it thickenS. Return meatballs to pan and cover so meatballs cook though.
- Enjoy once sauce is to the thickness you desire.