One pot chicken with mushroom rice is the most flavorful rice and quickest dinner to make!
It’s very clear that I am a huge fan of mushrooms. It’s also very clear that I’ve been on a mushroom kick recently. Have you seen the stuffed mushrooms I made last week? Mushrooms are full of flavor and are amazing on their own with just a touch of salt!
There are days when I just want dinner on the table asap and I don’t want a lot of mess to deal with afterwards. This is the dish that makes all my dreams come true! It’s a win win and the entire family loves it. When the mushrooms cook together with the chicken and the rice the flavors marry each other and come together in the most magical way.
The easiest one pot dish will come together in less then a half hour! It's full of so much flavor, it's going to be your new favorite dinner dish!
- 5-6 skinless chicken thighs or chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- 3 cups stock or water
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper
- Heat oil
- Add chicken thighs and sear on both sides for 7-8 minutes each side *do not fully cook through as it will continue to cook with rice later
- remove chicken thighs
- Sauté mushrooms in same pan for 3-4 minutes
- Add rice
- return chicken to pot
- add stock
- bring to a boil
- reduce heat and cover for 15 minutes
- Let rest for at least 5 additional minutes covered