Baked Chicken and Potatoes in Tomato Garlic Sauce has become a weeknight favorite for us.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
It requires a handful of ingredients and then you just pop it in the oven and it all cooks together. There is a trick though which makes the chicken extra tender and juicy.
I’m not even exaggerating when I say that we made this dish three times in the past week alone. My family clearly has an addictive personality and when we love something, we become obsessed. It’s so hard not to become addicted to this chicken dish because it only requires a handful of ingredients and its a baked dish. For me personally, I love baked dishes because you can make it ahead of time and just pop it in the oven when needed.
This is a great recipe to be made in bulk or prepared a day in advance! It's tender, flavorful and full of sauce!
- 2-3 lbs of chicken thigh skinless boneless
- 7 potatoes peeled and sliced
- 14 garlic cloves pressed
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 Tbl Red Pepper paste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 1/2 Tbls salt
- 1 juice of 1 lemon about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Preheat oven 350
- Soak chicken in white vinegar and water for at least a half hour up to an hour
- Combine garlic, tomato paste, red pepper paste, all spice, black pepper, salt, oil and lemon juice together
- mix chicken and potatoes together with paste
- cover and put in the oven for hour and a half
- Serve on it's own or with rice