Syrian fritters are so addicting, easy to make, full of vegetables and most importantly full of flavor. They’re perfectly crunchy on the outside and full of warm flavor on the inside.
Can I use other vegetables?
Yes, you definitely can. Try potatoes, butternut squash, or even cauliflower.
When is this traditionally served? Is it a breakfast item?
This dish is literally served up all day long. Syrians love to have breakfast for dinner and in my home we almost always had this for dinner as a side or appetizer and then reheated any leftovers for breakfast the next day.
or these egg and cheese sandwiches.
Slightly crispy on the outside, perfectly textured on the inside and full of flavor and healthy vegetables
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 t coriander
- 1/4 cumin
- 1/4 black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 oil
- Start by mixing all the vegetables together
- Add in the eggs, set aside
- In separate mixing bowl add the dry ingredients and mix
- Combine dry ingredients to the vegetable mix
- Heat a pan with oil
- Fry several minutes on each side until cooked through