Basic Butter Pancakes is a 10 minute recipe that is all you need to get the perfect buttery pancakes!
My relationship with pancakes tends to have its ups and downs and it’s pretty much goes something like this, love pancakes, eh not so much, love them, then eh not so much. So I never have a box of ready made pancakes when the pancake craving hits. When the pancake craving hits, it hits hard so I have to call my mom and get a recipe in a frantic hurry.
I must admit, that I’m selfishly adding this to the blog mainly because I want to be able to reference back to it when I need to make basic butter pancakes. The fun thing about this recipe is you can dress it up as you want or keep it basic and it all taste delicious! Shredded coconuts, mini chocolate chips, banana slices and/or sprinkles (Ayla’s idea) are just some of the options that you can add to the batter and it elevates the basic pancake to a fancy schmancy breakfast option.
This is a great 10 minute recipe to have on hand. You can add natural pink coloring like we did here and top it with a sweet cream cheese glaze!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- extra butter for pan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pink, natural food dye beetroot powder
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup water (or until desired consistency is reached)
In small bowl mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and color powder.
- In separate bowl mix milk, egg, and butter
- Combine contents of both bowls together
- On a stovetop, heat and grease the pan with butter
- Pour 1/4 cup pancake mixture to pan
- Flip pancake after bubbles have formed (1-2 minutes)
Whisk together cream cheese and powdered sugar. It's best to use sifted so there aren't any clumps. Then add water, whisking a little bit at a time until it is thick but pourable.
top with any fruits or syrups you like!