Basic Butter Pancakes is a 10 minute recipe that is all you need to get the perfect buttery pancakes!
My relationship with pancakes tends to have its ups and downs and it’s pretty much goes something like this, love pancakes, eh not so much, love them, then eh not so much. So I never have a box of ready made pancakes when the pancake craving hits. When the pancake craving hits, it hits hard so I have to call my mom and get a recipe in a frantic hurry.
I must admit, that I’m selfishly adding this to the blog mainly because I want to be able to reference back to it when I need to make basic butter pancakes. The fun thing about this recipe is you can dress it up as you want or keep it basic and it all taste delicious! Shredded coconuts, mini chocolate chips, banana slices and/or sprinkles (Ayla’s idea) are just some of the options that you can add to the batter and it elevates the basic pancake to a fancy schmancy breakfast option.
This is a great 10 minute recipe to have on hand. You can add whatever toppings you like to this recipe or keep it basic and it's just as delicious!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- extra butter for pan
- In small bowl mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In separate bowl mix milk, egg, and butter
- Combine contents of both bowls together
- On a stovetop, heat and grease the pan with butter
- Pour 1/4 cup pancake mixture to pan
- Flip pancake after bubbles have formed (1-2 minutes)