Beef Vegetable Stew is so delicious and you’re going to be shocked at how easy it is to make! Only requires a handful of ingredients too.
Beef vegetable stew is one of those comfort dishes that everyone loves. It’s a classic Middle Eastern dish that is served with rice on the side. In Syria it is served with Syrian rice which is rice and browned vermicelli pasta and it is so good! It’s not traditionally made with potatoes but I added potatoes to it because, why not I guess. It’s easy to use a bag of frozen peas and a bag of frozen carrots but I do notice when I use fresh carrots it tastes better, obviously.
The other important ingredient that a lot of people underestimate is canned tomato sauce and tomato paste. Not all tomato paste tastes the same. Try different ones until you find one that you and your family like. I personally like the ones in tubes but everyones palette is different so test them out!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 heaping tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 green peas (frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1-2 potatoes diced
- Heat oil in medium sized saucepan
- Sautee onions and brown beef with salt and pepper together
- When beef is 90% browned add tomato paste
- Sautee tomato paste withe the beef until beef is fully browned
- Add chicken stock, carrots, and potatoes
- Add salt & pepper to liking
- Cover on low heat for 15 minutes
- Add green peas
- Cover on low heat for an additional 5 minutes
- Serve with vermicelli rice or plain rice