White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies are the best “healthy” cookies and so delicious.
These cookies are not too sweet but the craisins and white chocolate chips are just the right amount of sweetness. The oatmeal makes them “healthy” so I don’t feel sooo guilty giving them to the kids or indulging on one too many myself. hah. They kind of remind me of the mamool cookies I make in that they aren’t overly sweet and have a healthy element too it. Unlike these Nutella cookies which are definitely one of my favorite cookies also but until Nutella is claimed to be healthy I can’t justify them as a healthy breakfast substitute.
I’ve been making this recipe for years since I found it on a craisins bag. Growing up, I wouldn’t say oatmeal was part of our daily diet. None of us really cared for it as children but as I got older I developed a certain appreciation for it. It’s just so good for you and because it doesn’t have a strong particular taste you can really get creative with the toppings and pairings! I particularly like steel cut oats although in baking old fashion oats are recommended. Steel cut oats are the least processed so they take a little longer to cook. Old fashioned or traditional oats take just a few minutes to cook so in cookies or cakes its much easier to manage.
Oh and did I mention these taste soo good dipped in your morning coffee! Well, yes, they are amazing dipped into your morning coffee!
A little bit sweet, a little bit healthy, a lot delicious! The addition of oatmeal makes me feel less guilty giving them to the kids and they love them because its a yummy cookie!
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Craisins Dried Cranberries
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, mixing well.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add to butter mixture in several additions mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
- Put rounded teaspoonfuls on cookie sheets leaving about an inch between each one
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.