Chicken with Onion Carrot Cream sauce is a dish with a unique SIMPLE technique that will make this dish so uniquely flavorful!Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
This dish is one of those dishes….
that is so good that every “mom” kept passing the recipe around until everyone was making the same dish. There is a secret to the way the sauce is made that adds an additional layer of flavor that’s hard to pinpoint when eating it. It just tastes good but no one will know what.
There is a trick to creating this added layer of flavor but it might in turn create more dishes, which is obviously annoying, but there is a way around that. The secret is…. I kind of think I can drag this out a little longer. How mean of me. Ok, so the secret is to boil each of the three ingredients separately, then take the reserved water and mix that with the remaining ingredients. The reserved water is full of flavor and when combined with everything else it will create a something unique. This is usually served with rice.
There is a secret to making this dish so uniquely flavorful yet still so easy! The carrot, potatoes, and onions add an additional layer of flavor that is going to wow you!
- 2 cups potatoes
- 2 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 1 lb chicken breast diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 garlic cloves
- In three separate pots, separate carrots, onions, and potatoes.
- Add water to cover and bring to a boil. Let boil for 5-7 minutes or until slightly tender
- Season chicken with salt & pepper and pan fry
- Set aside
- In same pan, melt butter and whisk with flour
- Slowly mix in 1 cup of the reserved potato water, 1 cup reserved carrot water, and 1 cup reserved onion water & 1/2 cup milk
- Let boil together for 2-3 minutes
- Add crushed garlic
Return chicken and vegetables to pan and cover for an additional 5- 7 minutes.
- Serve with rice
- if you don't want too many dishes or if you don't have 3 separate pots, you can boil one item at a time and then use the same pot. It will take a little longer while cooking because you have to wait for each item to boil but will save time doing the dishes!